Tuesday, July 20, 2010

How Delish!

Current state: Famished, drained, dehydrated. I drove to work ::counting on fingers:: three separate times today, for various reasons. Thunder, food, bank. So now I'm craving a refreshing summer meal and some John Mayer tunes before I hit the yoga mat, and later crash, tonight.

I've never been much of a cook. My kitchen staples include and are mostly limited to: grilled cheese, waffles, banana cream pie, and putting together salads. Basically, I'm kind of a nightmare when it comes to cooking. (I tend to overcook pasta, and I can't cut with a knife to save my life.) But since I'll be off on my own in a few weeks (ah!), I best to get to learning. (Yeah I know, my grammar and writing skills aren't exactly polished at the moment.)

Here's what I'm fixin' tonight for dinner with a recipe for chicken fried rice; bon appetite!

Day Twenty Four: A recipe


Chicken Fried Rice
4-6 servings

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 cups small broccoli florets
1 cup chopped carrots
1 cup thinly sliced celery
1 cup chopped onion
1 small red bell pepper, sliced (about 1/2 cup)
1 teaspoon minced garlic
4-6 cups cooked rice
2 fully cooked boneless chicken breast halves, chopped (about 2 cups)
5 green onions, cut into 1-inch slices
1 8-ounce can sliced water chestnuts, drained
1/2 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup soy sauce

Directions:
Preheat oil in a wok or a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add broccoli, carrots, celery,onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Stir-fry 2 minutes. Add rice, chopped chicken, green onions, water chestnuts, and stir-fry 1 minute. Add peas and soy sauce and stir-fry another minute, until peas turn bright green.

Served with fresh watermelon and sweet tea. Mmm!



Now what would just make my night would be to fast forward to Saturday morning so I can hit the J. Crew sample sale in Winston-Salem, chill with my best friends, and then see Tim McGraw. Ready, set, go.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds delish! I love a good stir fry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey cute girl! I am so glad you found my blog! I married a tarheel and grew up in that area. You have an adorable blog! I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...