Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Day Twenty Three

A way in which you want to be remembered
(However cliche this sounds, I don't care)

I desire to be remembered as a confident, loving individual who inspired others and lived a life of meaning and passion, not afraid to stand up for what she believed in. Someone quick to listen, a friend in all situations, a devoted wife, a woman of integrity. A person not only ready to speak her mind, but also willing to face challenge with beauty and grace. This kind of woman has the attributes I would like to embody, and I deeply hope to possess these qualities as the years pass.

Okay, since I have some time to kill before work, I'm just going to ramble for a bit. I've been waking up at the crack of dawn (well, sorta) these past couple days for appointments, swim lessons, etc. I haven't exactly minded though, because I LOVE mornings and somehow I've realized I have so much energy after getting a plain jane eight hours of sleep. But anywho, this morning I went to the spine doctor to check out my back and it looks like I'll be having to go through some physical therapy over the next few weeks. I've been having trouble with my posture ever since my old ballet days, and I found out I do have a minor curvature in my spine (called hyperkyphosis I believe, which makes the top of my back round over). And since my lower back is curved to a higher degree then most people, the upper part of my spine has to compensate for it. I hate people that complain, but I'm just going to get it off my chest that it really does HURT TO STAND UP STRAIGHT. So I'm just going to have to learn to deal and actually do the exercises that the PT gives me. Let's put it this way Julie, enough is enough. This is your reminder to suck it up and fix this posture issue, it's unattractive and unhealthy. No wonder back in the day the girls were forced to walk around with books on their heads!

Here's a photo of my new three pound weights I'm using to start strengthening my upper back and shoulders. Another Marshall's find!


Bachelorette side-note: I am sold on Chris. In my opinion, he is the only normal, genuine one of the bunch.

2 comments:

  1. I like Chris too! But Alberto is smokin hot!!

    xo
    jess
    http://CheapButChicClothes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw what a great post! Lovely blog; happy I found you!

    (I like Chris, too!!)

    xxMK
    Delightful Bitefuls
    Follow Delightful Bitefuls on Twitter

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...