Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Thirty Day Challenge: Days One-Five

Day One: A favorite song
This is difficult. My music taste is all over the place, and there have been so many songs I've come to cherish over the years. But if I had to choose just one it would probably be Let It Be by the Beatles. A classic, yes, but I think the meaning is profound. The lyrics move me every time I listen to it. I can remember that Beatles 1 cd we used to play on long car trips, and I just fell in love with this particular song. Only over the past couple years or so have I listened through the rest of their music, but this song remains the closest to my heart.



Day Two: A favorite movie
Hmmm...too many to choose from once again. So I'll give you a few (wait, maybe more than a few) that I can think of off the top of my head.
Childhood: The Little Mermaid and The Parent Trap.
Romance: Sleepless in Seattle--thank you Mom! And The Notebook. And The Holiday.
Drama: Forrest Gump.
Action: Lord of the Rings (the whole trilogy) and The Patriot. Yep, thats's right.

Day Three: A favorite book
Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. A powerful story of heartache, forgiveness, love, and God's grace. It's incredible. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald is another favorite, the underlying symbols and themes are to die for.

Day Four: A favorite television program
Gossip Girl. As of now. Don't watch much TV, but I can't get enough of the style on that show.

Day Five: A favorite quote
"Keep your face toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you."
-Walt Whitman

My senior yearbook quote. A sweet reminder for me to keep pressing forward, staying positive, allowing my past to, well stay, the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...