Friday, June 18, 2010

Dear TTW & CNN,

Before I go out of town this weekend, here's my update of the Thirty Day Challenge.

Thirty Day Challenge: Day 8
A thank you letter to someone who has changed your life...
Oh dear, that's intense. But here we go!

Dear TTW & CNN,
You know who you are. These past two years have been quite a roller-coaster. But you both have been there, despite the twists and turns and ups and downs of high school. Throughout the breakdowns. Throughout the joys. Throughout the good choices. Throughout the bad. Throughout the crap we've all gotten from people who DON'T MATTER. Throughout all of it. And I can't be grateful enough.
About TTW. It's been a privilege to watch him grow up into a person who's never afraid to stand up for what, and who, he loves. His musical ability cannot be paralleled; I'm thrilled to see what's to come out of this one. He has a heart for quality time and deep conversations, and is always willing and open to listen. And when I say always, I mean always. What a unique individual. Sometimes people don't appreciate these people who are out of the ordinary and not afraid to be themselves, but they are the people that make life interesting. No matter what, he strives to make the most out of life, living like there's no tomorrow. To me especially, that's such a valuable lesson. He demonstrates the essence of enjoying every moment, taking each as they come. There are so many qualities in him that are beyond words, so I'll just end it there.
About CNN. We started off on not the best start, but then this incredible friendship began to form my junior year. Who knew? We were total opposites. Think Carrie and Charlotte from SATC. Her, the gorgeous brunette not afraid to give people a piece of her mind and me, the people-pleaser often afraid to share what's on her mind. And then, regardless of our differences, from tastes in guys to our style and personality, we became inseparable. She embodies someone I hope to be, someone who puts her heart and soul in relationships, someone thoughtful and sensitive, yet strong and determined. She is a beauty, not only on the outside, but also on the inside. I want her to know she deserves more than she realizes. A friend like her is difficult to come by, for I know that whatever life throws our way, we'll still be there for each other. What a joy it has been to share my thoughts and dreams with her, whether it's been talking over coffee or laying out in the sand. And I know that's not going to change as we go our separate ways.
Since in my mind these two are friends for life, I think this little saying about sums them up to me.

"Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same."




2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came across this post again for the first time since you wrote it- makes me want to literally break down and cry! I love you Jules.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...