Monday, June 21, 2010

Top Ten

Quick little bits to start out the week (since it's Monday and all).

1. Verse of the day. Proverbs 4:23...
"Above all else, guard your heart, for it affects everything you do."
Hmm. Not only my verse for the day, but even more so a challenge for life.
2. Photos of the day. Precious Baby Jack & Baby Peyton!


3. Quotes of the day.
Adorable Asian boy at camp: "Hey lifeguard, is the oil spill in this lake?" Oh my goodness, kids these days.
Henry David Thoreau: "My life is like a stroll on the beach...as near to the edge as I can go."
4. Book of the day. Reading Something Borrowed by Emily Griffin right now, absolutely loving it! At times I just hate myself for being such a fast reader...it would be nice to once in a while take a week or two to saturate myself with a good read without running back to Barnes & Noble or the library to grab another one. Such a hassle.

5. Mood of the day. A mixture of exhaustion and anxiousness.

6. Music of the day. Can't say I dig it quite yet, but it's growing on me. Phish - Round Room album.

7. Food of the day. Fish, fresh from Maryland. (Not meant to copy my musical taste at the moment). But mmm I had trout for dinner and actually enjoyed it, which is an accomplishment in my eyes. Side note: I WILL EAT HEALTHIER THIS SUMMER. Starting today.

8. Random fact of the day. Found out yesterday I am officially part of the Southern Indian Tribe of Kentucky. We finally got documentation and everything. So stop teasing me for my un-humanly dark white girl skin.

9. Fashion of the day. Currently? T-shirt, gross ponytail, tennis shoes, and Target work-out shorts. But hey, a girl can dream to look like this everyday, right?



10. Thirty Day Challenge of the day.
Day Twelve: A song that you want played at your wedding
Haven't given this much thought, honestly. Don't get me wrong, I've envisioned my wedding. Pink and green everywhere, peony bouquets, late afternoon, by the water, country club, quaint, nothing too glamorous or overdone. Simple yet sophisticated. Seems as though I don't need to pick music quite yet, goodness gracious I'm only eighteen years old; a husband/engagement/wedding is a little far off don't you think? Maybe so. But here's a few favorites that I can conjure up right now. There's too many lovely songs out there to choose from!
  • The Way You Look Tonight - Frank Sinatra. Such a classy man, such a classy song.
  • Carolina Girls - General Johnson & The Chairmen of the Board. That's a no-brainer, I'll be an actual Carolina girl!
  • The First Dance - Corey Smith
  • Somewhere Over The Rainbow - Jason Castro
  • Something sung by my best friends would be ideal as well.
Day Thirteen: A guilty pleasure
Bargain shopping. Reality TV. Summer novels with hardly any literary value.

Day Fourteen: A vacation you would like to take
New Zealand. Oh my goodness yes. What a gorgeous country. Flying around the globe would be completely worth it just to catch a glimpse of this breathtaking landscape.


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...