Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Hebrews 6:19


I love the rest of this verse as well as the next one which says, "It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, where our forerunner, Jesus has entered on our behalf. He has become high priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek."

Beautiful words to meditate on this morning. This kind of certainty and promise is not something the world can offer. Security is something I for one continually seek. Security in school, security in my abilities, security in relationships, security in my image and how others perceive me. But He is the only person who remains steadfast and unchanging. We have to accept that fact before we can fully rest on the hope that He provides.

Going on a bit of a tangent, but if you ever get a chance to stop by Jubala coffee in Raleigh, GO. I've spent this gorgeous morning sipping coffee, being serenaded by Bon Iver, and I am always encouraged by the number of people in here studying God's word. Also, 10% of their profits go directly to families and children in Africa. Man, I really am going to miss this place when I head back to Chapel Hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...