Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Lazy Days of Summer

This long weekend in Maryland was a wonderful respite, a nice break before everything picks up again. Despite the mosquito bites and the humidity, I loved spending time with my grandfather and my family, sipping sweet tea out of mason jars and relaxing on the porch. We ate dinner at the Cambridge airport, at this cute little country restaurant that had this to-die-for coconut cake. My cousin's wedding was beautiful, she looked absolutely stunning and I loved how she incorporated her blended family in the ceremony. Right down to the beachy, casual theme and the cupcake table I was in heaven. Mmmhm. Heading back home today, we stopped in Fredericksburg, Virginia for lunch. And let me tell you, that town has picaresque Southern charm. Downtown window shopping and eating on the side of the street with our dog was the perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon. I didn't want it to end.
So it's back to reality. Between working two jobs and taking a summer school course, I'm a busy little bee this week. Summer is still just getting started, and I really want this one to be worthwhile. Letsss go, Jules. You betcha I'll be the girl tanning poolside with a textbook, if I ever find myself with an afternoon free that is.

And one more thing, I can't believe that one of my good friends is jet setting for Africa, the other is in Sweden, and my brother leaves for Japan for three months on Tuesday. Travel prayers are flying high!

1 comment:

  1. adorable pictures! Sounds like you had the perfect weekend. I live in Northern VA but have never made it down to Fredericksburg and it's on my to do list! Sounds like you have a really busy Summer good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...