Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Happiness hit her, like a train on a track

One final to go. Good time to blog? I think yes.

What a whirlwind of a year. I've started to pack up, okay maybe two duffel bag's worth, but I seriously can't believe how fast this year has gone by. At the same time, there's been so many changes, so many things in college that almost makes me look back at high school and think it was a million years ago, in terms of how I've grown.

These next three years are going to fly by too and that's the scary thought. Even yesterday when I was meeting with a sophomore from my sorority, she was telling me how fast life was happening for her. Internships, job offers, possible early graduation. And she's a sophomore.

So my lesson from this year: don't take this time for granted. Or wish it away. College can be this place to totally let your guard down and lose yourself, or it can be a place of growth and independence. I for one don't have it all together, but this semester especially I feel I've come quite a ways from that girl that graduated last June.
ps. I don't think it will come as any surprise if I'm not packed tomorrow morning when my parents arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...