And I'm as happy as a clam. It's amazing how good summer feels. A little summary: my stress level and anxiety are at an all time low, I'm making money working at my new job, and my summer class really isn't that bad. And I've been catching up with old friends and keeping myself active, but I've finally made time for me.
Part of me wishes I was going away for the summer, since it seems like everyone else is taking extravagant trips and I'm stuck here in Rals. But I think a summer like this is just what I need. A busy one working yes, but a summer meant for some time off to save for something in the near future. Studying abroad has constantly been on my mind and I cannot wait. My little homebody self needs to break out of its shell.
Hmm other news...I went to my first wedding shower for a friend my own age yesterday. Honestly, I had this weird feeling in the pit of my stomach the whole time like uhhh am I behind on preparing for the rest of my life? But really I was just being over-dramatic. Per usual. I know she's young, but it's still crazy to think that in the next few years, I'll be going to a lot of engagement parties, bridal showers, and weddings. Ahh the twenties are a big decade my friend.
Anywho, here's my first checklist for the summer:
- Repaint my room. Seafoam, coral, or light gold? Thoughts?
- Buy summer country concert tickets. (Aka find a date to buy me summer country concert tickets.)
- Pitch or donate things I don't wear/haven't worn in the past year or two. My closet is getting ridiculous.
- Transfer all paychecks to savings. Right away.
- Learn how to do basic cooking for myself. (Sweet treats do not fall under this category.)
- Make some cross-stiches for my adpi room next year.
- Catch up on the tv show seasons I've been meaning to watch.
- Road trip/beach trip/get out of town for the weekend every now and then.
- Sailing and boating and waterskiing and tanning and swimming and all of the above.That's all I've got for now, I've just got to go figure out a way to get "I'm just a summer girl...I wear my flip-flops" out of my head. Ideas?