Friday, April 29, 2011

royal perfection

I can't help but blog about the Royal Wedding. If you're one of those people who is sick of tired of hearing about it, watching it on the news, and seeing William and Kate's dubbed icon on google, read no further.

I was supposed to get up at 5, but due to my late night cramming for this morning's exam, woke up at 6 (surprisingly on the dot) just in time for Kate to walk down the aisle. She was breathtaking. And the dress fit the occasion perfectly, gorgeous lace with the perfect length train. I wonder what was going through her mind as she walked that long way down Westminster and saw all those people staring straight at her. I can't even imagine what it was like. Goodness gracious she was fulfilling every little girl's dream of being a princess! And can I even begin to talk about Pippa, and Harry, and the Queen, and all the guests adorned with their fashionable hats? Everything was this wonderful Cinderella world that I used to dream about. Dead serious. Sorry I'm such a hopeless romantic.

I'm not going to ramble too much longer since I have three more exams to study for, but I think its incredible how this whole event is bringing people together. How lovely would it have been to be in London this week, today, this weekend? I'm so jealous of all the people there. Actually, just in the past week or so, I've been researching study abroad programs for next spring. London's on the list in terms of the journalism route, but I'll keep you updated. Exciting, exciting!

Also, all this wedding talk has got me thinking more about my own wedding. Here's my running list of ideas:
Hydrangeas. Lace gown. Monogrammed cake. 1 Corinthians 13. Vineyard. Country Club. Lanterns. Late afternoon. Wine bottles. Bow ties. Outdoor reception.
But let's be realistic, I need the right guy first.

1 comment:

  1. Julie Elizabeth, it's as if you took the words right out of my mouth for my ideal wedding! We should just have a double wedding because I have a feeling our weddings are going to be VERY similar anyways haha.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...