Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Mornings

Oh how I love you.
Mornings are my favorite time of day for a couple of reasons. First, I have time to myself before everyone else wakes up to just enjoy the quietness. Second, I can really focus on what God is telling me that day. If I wake up late, I'm usually completely out of sorts.

This morning, I re-read my journal from last night. After talking to my mom for about an hour yesterday, she told me something that I often forget. God will never give you anything more than you can handle. I can become so consumed in trivial matters that have no eternal importance. Take yesterday for instance, class registration. I was freaking out for not getting the classes I wanted, thinking that if I didn't get them, I couldn't study abroad next spring or I would get behind in the J School. But seriously, everyone is in the same boat. God has put me here at this public university for a reason. He has a plan for my life, and it's okay if I don't know what it is yet.

Over the past couple days, I've admired my mom's diligence in focusing on God's faithfulness. We have talked a lot about visiting and reconnecting with someone in our past, and we're both uneasy and nervous about going. But even though things may seem overwhelming at the moment, God has something bigger and greater in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...