Sunday, February 13, 2011

On Being Sick

I never got sick in high school. (Except for one incident in which I got swine flu during a senior class trip in NYC). But really, I'm the person who always had that perfect attendance record, was always healthy, and when I had the resemblance of a cold it was a big deal.

I'm convinced college is a breeding ground for sickness. And being sick there is probably the most dreadful experience besides exam time. So as a result, I went home for the weekend and haven't left my couch for two whole days. As wonderful as it's been to catch up on rest, I can't say that I've enjoyed not being able to speak without my throat screaming at me. Ugh. This is horrible. And why this happens to me, I don't know.

Anyways, I guess I better be thankful for some things about this weekend.
So here's my thankful list.

:: Not fainting in the doctor's office when the nurse took my blood.
:: SATC & Grey's marathons in the middle of the afternoon.
:: Tea with honey.
:: Warm quilts.
:: Hot 30 minute showers.
:: Time to read.
:: Oatmeal for breakfast & homemade soup for lunch/dinner.
:: A new yogurt place literally a 2 minute drive from my house.

3 comments:

  1. Get well soon!

    I'm having a giveaway on my blog, feel free to check it out!

    xo
    sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you're not feeling well. :( When I was at UNC I had such a bad case of the flu that I took a midterm and didn't even remember answering a single question or walking back to the house. My dad came and got me and drove me home. I slept 17 hours straight. Made a high B on the midterm, which was a little miraculous given that it was in music theory and I had to write a song(?!).

    Praying for you! And Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel better soon gorgeous! Happy Valentine's Day!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...