Thursday, February 17, 2011

And my head told my heart let love grow.

But my heart told my head this time no.


Listening :: to Mumford & Sons for the third night in a row. (Title taken from Winter Winds).
Feeling :: happy that tomorrow's Friday and that I can finally swallow without three doses of ibuprofen.
Wanting :: to wear my new boots asap. Although the temperature tomorrow is supposed to be in the 70s. What is this North Carolina?
Reading :: 1 Corinthians. I just started reading this book this week, but I am already amazed of its relevance to today's world.

This week has been such a blur, I think partly due to the packed schedule I've had the past few days. Phew. But honestly, it's kind of sad how fast this semester is going. I really feel like it was just yesterday I was looking for a roommate, dreaming of college, and picking out things for my dorm. Now freshman year is more than half over, and that's so hard to wrap my head around.
"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him -- but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit."
1 Corinthians 9-10.
It's so easy for me to become disappointed; disappointed in myself, disappointed in others, disappointed when my life is not a-okay perfect. Ever since about the end of November of last year though, God really woke me up. He wasn't allowing those disappointments and tough situations in my life for me just to feel more down and out. He wanted me to realize that I needed to put my hope back in Him. I wasn't going to find fulfillment in pleasing others, I was only going to find contentment when my relationship was back on track with Him. Those disappointments, I feel, were (and are) preparing me for what I cannot even conceive. Only He knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...