Sunday, December 19, 2010

Winter Wonderland

I cannot possibly get enough of this wondrous season.






*Not pictured but things I love nonetheless:
Christmas carols, the buzzing activity at the mall, chiming bells in the sanctuary, holiday classics like White Christmas and It's a Wonderful Life, and snuggling up on the couch for an afternoon of endless Hallmark Christmas movies.

And I better go ahead and mention how much I've fallen in love with the entire second chapter of Luke all over again. I memorized it as a kid, but back then it just didn't hold this kind of power for me. My pastor preached on a few of its verses this morning, and I've been reflecting all day about how much depth and beauty is in this one single passage of Scripture. Not only is it packed full of the history of Christ's lineage, it gives insight into what made up that beautiful night. It's more than just the Christmas story, it's a story of life and salvation. It's a story of His mercy and forgiveness, and of a Child born as our gift.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...