Friday, December 31, 2010

"Here's to the bright New Year, and a fond farewell to the old; here's to the things that are yet to come, and to the memories that we hold."

How wonderful it feels to be both back home again and on the brink of a new year.
Quick weekend recap: Traveled to Maryland early this week and spent two much-needed nights with my grandfather; I would drive up there again myself if I could just to relive the joy on his face when we were there. After Maryland, we headed down the coast to our nation's capital to watch the Military Bowl, but unfortunately, the Pirates faced a devastating defeat. But it was still a lot of fun, especially at the tailgating party beforehand! We decided to spend the night in the city and ended upstrolling around DC afterwards, looking at all the city lights and buildings thatremained decorated for Christmas. (Gosh, I just love the buzz and the people and the window displays in cities like Washington. I am such a city girl!) We woke up this morning for a brisk walk and grabbed breakfast before heading back to North Carolina. And let me just say, the day ended perfectly (that is besides the bumper-to-bumper traffic for three hours). A double-overtime bowl game with an insane finish, and my Heels pulled out a 30-27 win! Born a Pirate, bred a Tar Heel.
Anywho, I already posted about some of my memories from this year. I'm so ready for a fresh start, for the new year feels like it turns over a new leaf for me. I know it's just the next day on the calendar, but there's something enlivening and unexpected about what's to come when the ball drops. First night here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...