Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Bring It On

(Okay people, in no way is my title in reference to those lame cheerleader movies. That part of my life is OVER.)

So although I've been in this "up and down roller coaster ride of emotions" funk these past couple weeks, I'm starting to get insanely excited about heading to school. I have a million things to do before I head out, including four days worth of packing, but I can confidently say I am READY to start this new chapter in my life. I stressed and stressed and stressed about my classes this semester, and I found out tonight that through contacting the foreign language placement department, I was guaranteed a spot in a waitlisted class. Thank the Lord! And rush is coming up Labor Day weekend, which I'm overjoyed about. Hellooo I've been looking forward to joining a sorority ever since I was a little girl. EEK. I also got a chance to talk with a friend who's in sorority at my school, and she gave me fantastic advice. Keep an open mind. Don't get irritated when some chapters drop you. You WILL find your perfect group. Oh and now on to more college advice the bestie gave me today! Have fall-back options. Be conscientious. Meet and be open to lots of people.

Gosh and besides all this, I can't wait to meet my lovely suitemates and make new memories and start classes. It's going to be such a breath of fresh air to start a life of my own and get. out. there. Bring it on!

1 comment:

  1. i am still in the up and down roller coater with school. lol. But I am getting excited too! I am glad that you are!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...