Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Happy Birthday Blog (a day late)


Perfect birthday party setting, don't you think? Those flowers + that tablecloth, just dreamy.

I can't believe it's been a year since I first started Brunch at Julie's. It's been quite a roller coaster of a year. This time last year I was anticipating college, anxious about where it would take me and what kind of life I would find there. But now in reflection, it's funny how in just a year my perspective has completely changed. Last night I went out to dinner with a good friend and we chatted about almost everything that could sum up the past months we've spent away from home. We found it crazy, and completely amazing, how God has worked by opening up the right doors at the right time. Prayers were answered. We realize now how silly our impatience for certain things really was. This particular friend is now facing an extremely difficult time due to her father's cancer, but you know what? Her attitude is still pointed in the right direction. She's hopeful and thankful, with this beautiful peace of mind that everything will turn out how it's supposed to. What an incredible testimony.

1 comment:

  1. I really admire your friend's attitude-certainly something to aspire to.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...