Wednesday, June 22, 2011

french press, a blueberry waffle, and good conversation.

This morning wrapped up in one word: idyllic. I met up with one of my favorite and dearest teachers from high school at a new coffee shop that I have fallen in love with. (And yes I just ended my sentence with a preposition.) From the warehouse feel, to the ink and pen drawings, to the french press coffee, it's absolutely perfect. No more Starbucks for me this summer. But what was really wonderful about this morning was catching up with my sweet friend. She offered godly advice about life at Carolina, and for two hours we caught up about this past year. Seeing her was such a great way to spend a relaxing summer morning.
Now I'm off to spend some quality time with my Politics in the Americas book, while I try not to overdose on caffeine, keep myself from cracking open The Time Traveler's Wife instead of doing my work, and not think about me skipping the gym today. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. That's so great you and your teacher have a good relationship. I went to a very small school from pre school to 8th grade and my friends and I are still very close to our 8th grade teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the introduction to such a wonderful coffee oasis! I am so proud of who you are and all you are becoming... and so excited for your adventures!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...