Friday, March 11, 2011

Working Girl

Resumes? Already? I am a freshman in college, for heaven's sake.
I can already tell that for the rest of my life, I am going to dread filling out pages and pages of job applications and tweaking what I've done in my life into perfect prose (on an 8.5" x 11" piece of paper).

Yes, I want to get experience in retail. Yes, I want to continue lifeguarding. Yes, I want to work with people. But what I really want is to find something, anything related to my major. Is that so hard? There's actually an internship I'm applying for that sounds perfect for me, an unpaid position that could eventually turn into something more permanent in the future. From what I can tell, it's my dream stepping-stone-into-what-I-want-to-do-later-in-life job. I keep getting my hopes up, but I have to remind myself that God might have other plans. My meticulous, planned-out-to-the-t nature sometimes can frustrate the heck out of me. I feel like I'm constantly telling myself to calm down and just relax. I'm not Superwoman, I can't have everything my way and with a snap of my fingers, make everything magically fall into place.

So I'm letting it go. Whatever happens, happens. Whatever God has planned for this summer, it will turn out and be for my good.

"If everything is Yours, I'm letting it go, it was never mine to hold."
Everything Is Yours by Audrey Assad

1 comment:

  1. Love the stack you're rocking up there! And honestly, after three summers after entering college, I can tell you this is the best mentality to have. I've learned no matter how hard I try for something, if it's not meant to be than it's not meant to be. You've got a good head on your shoulders, I'm sure you're destined to do amazing things :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...