Sunday, September 12, 2010

peace, love, and adpi

WHY do I never have time to blog? I'm a freaking college student, that's why.

But wait, some good news! I'm an ADPI!!! And I am so thankful. It was a last minute decision, but I know I wrote down that name for a reason. And I'm excited as hell to find out what that reason is. I. Am. So. Pumped. (Excuse the corniness of these next two sentences) But hello, my dream came true! I am finally a sorority girl.


Okay, updates updates. First of all, classes are hard here. Everyone is smart and I can hardly get a word in edgewise in my smaller classes. I feel dumb, but heck, honestly, that's perfectly dandy with me. Second, I got a hair cut. (Eh no, I got my hair CHOPPED off and I donated it.) And being the worst hair-savvy person on the planet, I cannot style it at all. Third, I love the girls I've met here. (Not so much the boys, but that's another matter.) Every time we go out, whether it's for a night out on the town or a Ben & Jerry's run when we're having a horrid day, I'm continually surprised by them. They are solid ladies, and I'm so happy I chose this school, especially for the reason that I have the privilege of meeting these girls. Fourth, I've been in this weird funk this past week. Maybe it was just rush, or I was a bit homesick, or something else...can't quite put my finger on it. One moment I'm crying to my mom and the next I'm on the top of the world. So weird. But maybe that's just freshman year in college. Fifth, despite my nervous breakdowns and meltdowns, I love Carolina. It's the absolutely perfect fit for me. I couldn't have asked for a better roommate or suitemates, or group of friends. And I can freaking dance here. It's wonderfulllll.

Alright, enough for now. Mark Twain's Roughing It is calling my name.

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATS!!! ADII is an amazing house!! One of my friends from high school is an ADII at Clemson and what's so funny is UNC was her dream school! I'm so happy for you! College is definitely a mix of emotions! I feel it too! Can't wait to hear more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute blog! I was in a soroity in college too (way back in the day) and it truly added so much more to my college experience. These will be some of the best days of your life.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...