Monday, October 3, 2011

October Goals

Rabbit rabbit.
Skipped the nap and chose to blog in the kitchen, thanks to Hannah's encouragement and a cup of iced coffee. Here's a couple pictures from the weekend:
October. For me, it's a month stacked with fall festivities, midterm exams, and weekend trips.

This past weekend, after coming back from Greenville, I spent my Sunday relaxing at home. And it was lovely. Life at school has been so fast-paced that it almost felt like I've forgotten how to just take a deep breath and give my body some time to rejuvenate. My mom made my favorite chicken salad and vegetable soup and I cuddled in a blanket on the couch for most of the afternoon. And of course we shopped a little too, hitting up Marshalls and T.J. Maxx as per usual. (I bought a beautiful new suitcase for fall break!) It was just like those Sunday afternoons I remember in high school. A day of rest, not a day of cramming for the exams I put off studying for. I desperately needed that yesterday.

I've realized that I won't be able to spend much time with my family until Thanksgiving, besides a couple day trips back to Raleigh here and there. It's a little sad, to say the least, because I've missed those comforts that being home can only give you. Growing up isn't always what it's cracked up to be, y'all.

This week's a bit easier, so I'll finally have some time to get my life back on track in terms of mental sanity, exercise, and sleep.

The goals--
Take time to unwind. At least give myself one or two afternoons/nights a week to sip pumpkin lattes, watch Hulu, or catch up with friends...just because.
On that note, I do need to get ahead in the schoolwork department before the weekend hits. Since I have yet to get anything accomplished on Fridays and Saturdays.
Get on the ball with studying abroad. (Long story, but it's looking like a semester abroad has instead turned into a few weeks during the summer. Just can't bear being away from Carolina for that long.)
Clean out my closet. Summer things out. Fall things in.
Give others a chance, even if I don't see any point or immediate result right away.
Accept challenges in school as beneficial and rewarding.
Stop seeking security and instead focus on developing my patience.

1 comment:

  1. love this list! I'm home this weekend currently for Fall break and your right, it's just so wonderful to go home sometimes! You look adorable in those pictures too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...