Thursday, June 17, 2010

On My Second Cup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zikgyJ8U3HM

It's Thursday already?
Is it just me or is this summer flying by? I thought the days were supposed to feel longer. Nope, not really. Anywho, here's a video to a piece that took my breath away last night on SYTYCD. Absolutely stunning. I have to say, ballet dancers bring something to the stage that others cannot. Marvelous. (I might be a bit biased, but I promise it's true.)

My update of the Thirty Day Challenge: Days Six-Seven

Day Six: A moment you wish you could relive
There's no doubt in my mind that I would pick the closing night of Beauty & the Beast. An enormous amount of emotions were wrapped up in that show, it was unlike any experience I've ever had onstage. I was a dancing napkin, enchantress, townsperson, hah and hag. Sounds magical, right? But honestly, it truly was. The seniors in that show inspired me not only to perform and develop as a character, but they also were incredible role models. I will never forget the chills and memories of that night.

[Mid-morning break of gym, laundry, and smoothie making. Mmm half a banana, strawberries, orange juice, raspberry sherbert, and crushed ice. Bon appetit!]

Day Seven: Five things you could not possibly live without
  1. Laughter. (not necessarily a thing, but totally necessary for my sanity.)
  2. My calendar/planner. I write everything down, from to-do lists to appointments, so it literally becomes a life-saver. Ask anyone.
  3. Caffeine. Bad habit to be attached to, I know, but it's a no-brainer that I need my coffee in the morning to survive (see title).
  4. The people I love. And photographs of them.
  5. Scripture. Life is meaningless without it.
:)
"GROWING UP SOUTHERN IS A PRIVILEGE, REALLY. IT'S MORE THAN WHERE YOU WERE BORN-IT'S AN IDEA, A STATE OF MIND THAT SEEMS IMPARTED AT BIRTH. IT'S MORE THAN LOVING FRIED CHICKEN, HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL, AND COUNTRY MUSIC. IT'S BEING HOSPITABLE, BEING DEVOTED TO PORCHES AND SWEET TEA, AND EACH OTHER. WE DON'T BECOME SOUTHERN-WE'RE BORN THAT WAY."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...